Is Xbox HomeProxy Still Working? Any Recent Updates? or How Safe is Xbox HomeProxy for Region Switchi

14 Replies, 1039 Views

"Anyone Using Xbox HomeProxy Successfully Lately?"

Yo, so I’ve been trying to get xbox homeproxy to work for region switching, but it’s been hit or miss.

Anyone had luck with it recently? Last time I tried, it was kinda slow and some servers just wouldn’t connect.

Also, is it still safe to use? Don’t wanna risk a ban or anything lol.

If you’ve got it working, drop your settings below—maybe I’m just doing it wrong.

*side note: are there better alternatives now or is xbox homeproxy still the go-to?*

Thanks in advance! 🚀
Yeah, xbox homeproxy has been kinda spotty for me too lately. Some servers work fine, others just timeout.

I switched to using Windscribe with a static IP—way more reliable for region switching. Plus, they have dedicated gaming servers.

As for bans, Microsoft *usually* doesn’t care unless you’re abusing it for purchases or cheating. Just don’t go crazy with it.

If you’re sticking with xbox homeproxy, try switching to less crowded servers. The US ones are overloaded sometimes.
I got it working last week but had to tweak the config.

Make sure you’re using the latest version—some of the older servers are dead. Also, enable TCP instead of UDP if it’s laggy.

Safety-wise, no bans here after months of use, but YMMV.

Alternatives? ExitLag is solid for gaming, but it’s paid. Worth it if you’re serious about low ping.
xbox homeproxy is still my go-to, but yeah, it’s gotten slower.

Pro tip: Avoid peak hours. Evenings are the worst for connection drops.

If you’re worried about bans, just don’t switch regions mid-game. Microsoft seems to only flag sketchy behavior, not just region hopping.

Haven’t found a free alternative that’s better, tbh.
Honestly, gave up on xbox homeproxy last month. Too unreliable.

Switched to NordVPN with Meshnet—works like a charm for region switching and no speed issues.

If you’re dead set on xbox homeproxy, try the EU servers. They’ve been more stable for me than the US ones.

Bans? Nah, but don’t push your luck with frequent switches.
Thanks for the tips, y’all! Gonna try the EU servers and switch to TCP like some of you suggested.

Also checked out ExitLag—kinda pricey but might be worth it if xbox homeproxy keeps acting up.

Quick Q: Anyone know if using a VPN like Nord messes with Xbox Live parties? Heard mixed things.

Appreciate the help! 🎮
It’s hit or miss, man. Some days it’s flawless, others it’s a dumpster fire.

For settings, I use port 443 and force IPv4. Seems to help with the timeouts.

Safety? No bans here, but I only use it for Netflix and game unlocks.

Better alternatives? ProtonVPN has a free tier that’s decent, but xbox homeproxy is still king for free options.
Still using xbox homeproxy here, but it’s def not as smooth as before.

Try manually picking servers instead of auto-connect. The Japan ones are surprisingly stable.

As for bans, zero issues so far, but I don’t abuse it.

If you wanna pay, ExpressVPN is worth it—faster and no hassle.



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)