Wow, thanks for all the replies, everyone! I didn’t expect so many helpful tips. I’ve been looking into VPNs, and I think I’ll give NordVPN a try since a few of you mentioned it.
Also, I checked my IP with ShieldsUP, and it turns out my router’s firewall was doing its job, so that’s a relief. Still, I’m gonna disable UPnP just to be safe.
One quick question though—how often do you guys update your router firmware? Is it something I should do monthly, or just whenever there’s an update?
Thanks again for all the advice! Feeling way less freaked out now.
Also, I checked my IP with ShieldsUP, and it turns out my router’s firewall was doing its job, so that’s a relief. Still, I’m gonna disable UPnP just to be safe.
One quick question though—how often do you guys update your router firmware? Is it something I should do monthly, or just whenever there’s an update?
Thanks again for all the advice! Feeling way less freaked out now.
