"What's the best way to handle dynamic content when doing R scraping?"
Hey folks!
Struggling with dynamic content in R scraping—like, pages that load stuff via JS after the initial request.
I’ve tried `rvest` but it’s not catching everything. Heard about `RSelenium` or `phantomjs`... but is there a lighter way?
Also, how do y’all deal with lazy-loaded content? Feels like a pain to scrape.
Any tips or favorite packages?
Thanks!
---
"How can I avoid getting blocked while R scraping websites?"
Yo!
Getting blocked left and right when R scraping... ugh.
Rotating user-agents? Proxies? Delay between requests? What’s your go-to move?
I’ve used `httr` with some delays, but sites still sniff me out sometimes.
Is there a sweet spot for request timing? Or am I doomed to CAPTCHA hell?
Help a scraper out!
---
"Any tips for speeding up R scraping scripts?"
Hey!
My R scraping scripts are slower than a snail on vacation.
Using `purrr` for loops helps a bit, but parallel scraping with `furrr`? Worth it?
Also, is there a way to cache responses so I’m not hammering the same page over and over?
Kinda new to this, so any hacks welcome!
---
"Is R scraping still reliable for large-scale data extraction?"
Sup everyone!
Thinking of using R scraping for a big project... but is it still up to the task?
Seems like Python gets all the love now.
Can `rvest` + `httr` handle 10k+ pages, or should I switch tools?
Anyone done large-scale scraping with R lately?
---
"What packages do you recommend for efficient R scraping?"
Hi all!
Diving into R scraping and overwhelmed by package choices.
`rvest` is my go-to, but what about `xml2`, `RSelenium`, or even `V8` for JS-heavy sites?
Any hidden gems or combos that make life easier?
Thx in advance!
Hey folks!
Struggling with dynamic content in R scraping—like, pages that load stuff via JS after the initial request.
I’ve tried `rvest` but it’s not catching everything. Heard about `RSelenium` or `phantomjs`... but is there a lighter way?
Also, how do y’all deal with lazy-loaded content? Feels like a pain to scrape.
Any tips or favorite packages?
Thanks!
---
"How can I avoid getting blocked while R scraping websites?"
Yo!
Getting blocked left and right when R scraping... ugh.
Rotating user-agents? Proxies? Delay between requests? What’s your go-to move?
I’ve used `httr` with some delays, but sites still sniff me out sometimes.
Is there a sweet spot for request timing? Or am I doomed to CAPTCHA hell?
Help a scraper out!
---
"Any tips for speeding up R scraping scripts?"
Hey!
My R scraping scripts are slower than a snail on vacation.
Using `purrr` for loops helps a bit, but parallel scraping with `furrr`? Worth it?
Also, is there a way to cache responses so I’m not hammering the same page over and over?
Kinda new to this, so any hacks welcome!
---
"Is R scraping still reliable for large-scale data extraction?"
Sup everyone!
Thinking of using R scraping for a big project... but is it still up to the task?
Seems like Python gets all the love now.
Can `rvest` + `httr` handle 10k+ pages, or should I switch tools?
Anyone done large-scale scraping with R lately?
---
"What packages do you recommend for efficient R scraping?"
Hi all!
Diving into R scraping and overwhelmed by package choices.
`rvest` is my go-to, but what about `xml2`, `RSelenium`, or even `V8` for JS-heavy sites?
Any hidden gems or combos that make life easier?
Thx in advance!
