What's the best way to use headless browser papitier for web scraping? or Has anyone tried headless b

14 Replies, 1618 Views

"Has anyone tried headless browser papitier for automation? How does it compare?"

Hey folks! 👋

So I've been messing around with headless browser papitier for some scraping and automation tasks. It's... interesting? Like, it gets the job done but feels a bit rough around the edges compared to Puppeteer or Playwright.

Anyone else given it a shot? How's the performance for y'all? I noticed it handles dynamic content *okay*, but sometimes it just... hangs? 😅

Also, the docs are kinda sparse—had to dig through GitHub issues to figure out basic stuff.

Would love to hear if anyone's got tips or if I should just switch back to Playwright. Cheers! đŸ»

---

*(Word count: ~90)*
I tried headless browser papitier for a small scraping project last week, and yeah, it’s kinda hit or miss. The biggest issue for me was the lack of proper error handling—sometimes it just crashes without any useful logs.

If you’re dealing with dynamic content, Playwright is still the king. The auto-waiting alone saves so much headache.

Btw, if docs are a problem, check out this unofficial guide I found: [link]. Helped me a bit before I gave up lol.
Oh man, headless browser papitier is *such* a mixed bag. Like, it’s lightweight, which is cool, but the trade-off is stability. I had to add so many retries to my scripts because it kept freezing on JS-heavy sites.

For alternatives, have you looked at Selenium with a headless Chrome driver? It’s more verbose but way more reliable. Or just stick with Playwright—it’s worth the extra setup time.
Haven’t used headless browser papitier much, but I did run a quick benchmark against Puppeteer.

Papitier was *slightly* faster on simple pages, but once you throw in AJAX or lazy loading, it falls apart. Playwright’s consistency is just better for real-world stuff.

Docs are a pain tho, agreed. GitHub issues are basically the manual at this point.
Yooo, headless browser papitier is like that one weird tool you wanna love but it just won’t cooperate.

I switched to Playwright after wasting hours debugging random hangs. The dev tools integration alone is a game-changer.

If you’re stuck with papitier, try wrapping it in a retry loop—kinda helps, but it’s a band-aid fix.
OP here—thanks for all the input, folks! 🎉

Sounds like the consensus is Playwright > headless browser papitier for anything beyond basics. Gonna give it another shot with some retry logic, but prob switching back soon.

Btw, anyone got a good Playwright cheat sheet? The official docs are great but a bit overwhelming.

Also, big shoutout to the unofficial guide someone linked—lifesaver! 🙌
Honestly, headless browser papitier feels like a beta project. It’s got potential, but the lack of community support kills it.

For scraping, I’d recommend Playwright + Cheerio if you need speed. Or just go full Pyppeteer if you’re into Python.

Side note: the papitier devs really need to step up the documentation game.
I gave headless browser papitier a shot for a personal project, and
 meh. It’s fine for static stuff, but anything complex is a nightmare.

Playwright’s API is just *chef’s kiss* in comparison. The built-in waits and selectors make life so much easier.

If you’re set on papitier, maybe contribute to the docs? Could help the next poor soul lol.



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)